Tuesday 7 February 2012

Dermalogica Live! Day 2




Today found me enjoying the class room again at Dermalogica's training centre in Letherhead. It was time to get our brains in gear, our ears open to listen and our eyes ready to see how Dermalogica comes together with the fantastic concepts of Face Mapping and Skin Bars!

For those of you who are reading this and have never come across Dermlaogica before, this really is for you. Even if you have used the products for years but would like a refresh, I really think that a good review can always come in handy.

Face Mapping is the way we analyse your skins health by looking at your skin in 14 different zones. Starting with 'Zone 1' on the left side of your forehead and working down to 'Zone 14' on the neck, your skin can be totally cared for as each zone will show different concerns that you may have and want to deal with. It will also show me how great your skin is and how how you can continue to enjoy that through using the best products on the market. The products that you take home will be ones that will be solely chosen for you on the information that I have gained through the consultation and Face Map that I carry out for you.

Face Mapping forms the core of everything that Dermalogica has to offer; from your home care product ranges to the information I need to make your skin care treatment totally customized for you. It should never be missed out and always offered to you, no matter which Dermalogica Skin Care Centre you visit around the world.

My face was mapped today and if mainly showed that I had great skin tone, but I needed to work on my dehydration and sensitivity with out forgetting to treat the blocked pores around my nose and ears. 

The fact that I needed to work on my dehydration and sensitivity together is because the lack of hydration in the skin is weakening my lipid barrier, so I don't have enough of my natural protection against water loss or allergens getting into my skin and irritating it. If I can get my hydration levels up, my barrier can repair and then the skin can calm down.

All this from a six minute skin analyses!

Skin Bar is were it all comes together for you. As your therapist (me!) goes through the products that they think would benefit your skin and allow your skins health to get stronger, you get to try the products yourself. It was so much fun to do today; getting all the products out to play with, trying them with water, seeing the results and talking openly about the skin concerns that we all have. Skin Bar also allows you to get to know the products before you take them home, so you know how and when to use them. This prevents the all too inevitable situation of getting a bit stuck when the bottles hit the bathroom shelf! Plus, with your Face Map you are given a copy of it with the products and times to use it clearly marked down for you, so you can stick it on the bathroom mirror and simply follow your therapist's advice step by step.

Product of the day: Gentle Soothing Booster: Simple pop this beauty under your moisturiser and apply to the whole face or just areas where you feel sensitivity. It will calm your skin and its red raspberry extract will help build up the strength of your capillary walls. Honey also helps bind moisture to the skin, so it will also help hydrate your skin at the same time … a wonderful little helper in the bathroom cabinet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop Dermalogica