Friday 10 February 2012

Dermalogica Live! Day 4


Dermalogica in Leatherhead.



Yesterday was the last day of intense brain work with Dermalogica with their four day series in product and treatment training.

We spent the day giving each other a great Dermalogica Skin Care Treatment, taking each other through the full Dermalogica experience:

Face Mapping Consultation
Face Mapping Skin Analysis
Skin Care Treatment
Face Map Prescription
Skin Bar


My skin is looking calmer, hydrated and a lot less stressed after Rachel cared for it in the afternoon. I was treated to an Ultra Calming based facial based around the Ultra Calming Complex and a very hydrating colloidal masque with oatmeal. It felt like a fire hydrant dispelling the fire in my cheeks ... wonderful! 

Yesterday included seeing and trying out a new pressure point based massage, which was a nice routine to learn for any of my clients how suffer from head aches as it works on relieving some of the tension that can commonly be caught up in the forehead area.

For the massage we used some wonderful aromatherapy oils that are part of the Professional Only range from Dermalogica.

Soothing Additive: This is filled with wonderful scents of Lavender, Cypress and Sandalwood, with a dash of Eucalyptus. Ideal for clients with an environmentally sensitized skin, or for those who would like to feel relaxed and soothed, this is a fantastic oil to take away the jangle of life.

Revitalizing Additive: Orange, Sandalwood and Lavender play their roles to the full in enabling me to customize your facial massage when you are concerned with dryness or if you feel your skin concern is premature ageing. It's wonderfully uplifting as well, so can feel calm but ready to go after your session.

Clearing Additive: Skin with excess oil and breakouts can still be treated with aromatherapy and a light pressure point massage which wont cause friction on the skin that can aggravate and acne prone skin. Lavender, Lemongrass, Juniper, Rosewood and Sandalwood not only help sooth and detoxify the skin but they also play a part in decongesting your skin at the same time.

I can customize your Skin Care and Massage sessions with these small but heroic oils. For your massage I can add them in to a base oil or Ultra Rich Body Cream, giving your skin a wonderful treat as well as helping with your concerns that you may have with the skin on your body. As for your face, will, the massage world is my ouster! I can use them neat or mix them with massage cream can carry out all styles of massage, from European, Lymphatic and Pressure Point.

It was a fantastic day to put everything together and see how the core skin care range can really target problem areas for my clients. I am looking forward to showing you all the wonderful products that I learned about, sharing some tips with how to use them quickly and effectively at home as well running through some key ingredients that put Dermalogica ahead of the pack when it comes to true skin health. 

The snow! This was taken from my balcony at 8.30 this morning.
It snowed last night; not much but enough to cause some concern about traveling to Cornerstone Therapies for appointments today. I just wanted to post the protocol for snow and treatment bookings.

If you can't make it, don't worry! I would much rather you cancel and stay safe than risk an accident getting here as we can alway reschedule for another time. On days were it has snowed, I'll call you in the morning between 8-9a.m and confirm your appointment plans and let you know how things stand in my local area. 

I hope that helps! I look forward to seeing you all soon; snow boots and all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop Dermalogica