Wednesday 8 February 2012

Dermalogica Live! Day 3


I spent today filling my head with different ways of mixing up all the professional Dermalogica products to customize your next skin care treatment with me! It was really inspiring to see how many ways I can treat your skin with some really key products and ingredients.

One question that my clients have asked me a lot over the past decade is: 'Why does Dermalogica have a different range of products for my treatment? Aren't the ones I use at home good enough?'

The reason that Dermalogica created their professional products for the 'thinking skin care therapist' is that they believe that your monthly skin care treatments are targeted to your skin concerns as you change through the months and years. The products that I use on your skin in my treatment room are sometimes stronger than you would be able to use safely at home. For example EA35 has a 30% Lactic Acid content and a pH level of 3.5, so although it's a fantastic skin exfoliant within the context of your treatments, it isn't appropriate to have in your bathroom. Also, with the amount of customization and blending that I can do for you to aid your skins health, your bathroom shelves would have to be very strong!!

Your prescribed Dermalogica home care system will not only prolong the benefits of your skin care treatments, it will also enhance your skin and allow you to reap the benefits of looking after your largest organ.

Both your the professional skin care treatment and the corresponding prescribed home care work hand in hand, complimenting each other and bringing your skin to a calmer, more controlled place.

Today saw me mixing botanical mixers filled with hydro-essential botanicals in to cleansers, masques and oil free massage oil. The complexes were utilised in differing zones according to the Face Map consultations. Masques were tailor made to suit the skins concerns by blending some together, layering on top of complexes and then having galvanic work carried on to; all to allow the penetration of the ingredients into the lowest layer of the skin. It was truly inspirational to find out new ways of doing things that I have been up to for the past 11 years.

Tomorrow sees me learning new massage techniques for sensitized skin; a pressure point routine for the face and neck. It will be an interesting day and I'm sure I'll remember some old pointers and enjoy hearing new advice. It will be doubly intresting to hear about Dermalogica's approach to massage after studying with the Jing Institute of Advanced Massage for the past 4 years. I think it's great to get learn from a varried wealth of knowledge.

Product of the day: The Sponge Cloth.
Although This is a retail product, you will see me using it more and more in the skin care treatments. It is made to mimic sea sponges, so it's a fantastic tool to use for clients who experience sensitized skins and find the classic disposable sponges and steam towels too abrasive through out their time with me. A great tool to use at home as well, as it dries to be anti-bacterial, it's washable and it works well to remove all cleansers, exfoliators and masques, no matter what your skin type or condition!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop Dermalogica