Saturday 18 June 2011

Time Flies.

Wow, where has this month gone?! I can't quite believe that we are past the half way point already; time seems to be flying away at the moment.

This morning I thought that I would just let you know what has been happening at Cornerstone Therapies this week as well as what I am up to in the way of studying.

The treatment room has been really busy this week, which is always a great feeling! After the decoration was finished on Tuesday, it was full steam ahead and I have been really enjoying combining great skin care treatments with massage therapy.

It seems that a lot of people have been suffering from tight necks and shoulders as well as dehydrated and sensitized skin. The answer: Dermalogica's UltraCalming System in combination with half an hour of Trigger Point Massage and Stretch Therapy!
The two treatments work hand in hand and it offers great relief from the feeling that your skin is hot and on fire whilst being cracked and day, and the feeling that your neck is locked in one position and giving you headaches.

Whilst the super soothing Oatmeal face masque has been working its magic under a gentle steam I have found that I can still work into the muscles around the head and neck including the Scalenes, Tapezius, Levator Scaplua, Sub Occipitals, Sternocleidomastoid, Temporalis and Frontalis. All these muscles can radiate pain around the head, apart from the Scalenes which commonly sends pain down the arm into the fingers. They all need to be treated to enable you to gain a better range of motion as well as help to reduce your pain patterns.

I love combining treatments that give you an all over sense of well being as my ambition is to have you walking out of my treatment room feeling better then when you walked in! I don't see why we have to stick to just one aspect of therapy when we have time to embrace a full range.

I have not been resting on my laurels this week in the way of study either. I went to see Lesley, (my study partner), on Monday afternoon and we had a great time working out how we are going to get to grips with the next part of the academic journey.

We are starting to take one 'bit' of the body at a time, starting this week with the head and face and specifically working around the Tempro-Mandibula Joint (TMJ). The TMJ allows you to open and close your mouth and we will be looking at the pain that can be caused by the surrounding muscles, the anatomy of those muscles as well how we can treat them. It is all great review information as we covered it 2 years ago and feel that we need a refresher. We are meeting this coming Thursday to go over it and talk about our Dissertation interests, (as well as to drink tea and eat cake!).

What I'm loving in the Treatment Room today:
It has been cold, wet and down right horrid this week, so I have been making the most of my Hot Stones as well as Dermalogica's Professional Energizing Oil. It is only available for therapy and I use it to aid people who need a bit of a pep as well as making full use of it's warming properties. It's also great for detoxifying and the smell of the Sage, Rosemary, Rose Geranium, Cyprus and Ginger is wonderful! It glides really well with the Hot Stones and leaves the skin feeling conditioned and nourished.

Music in the Treatment Room today: We are music free today, but the bird song outside is glorious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop Dermalogica