Tuesday 28 June 2011

I hope that this blog finds you well and that if you are living around my part of the world you have enjoyed the amazing lightning strikes, thunder and rain today! It was a show stopper at lunch time.

I thought I would write just a quick blog today to let you know that I am planning a week of posts next week centred around the Tempro-mandibular Joint, also known as the TMJ, or 'Jaw Joint'. This idea for the blogs was born after an interesting study session last week when Lesley and I took time to go over old treatment notes from a couple of years ago on the subject. The TMJ is an over looked subject in massage therapy at times and I know that when I was at college 11 years ago I can safely say that treatment for this area of the body was never covered. Thanks to the training that I am under taking at Jing at the moment, I have felt confident to treat TMJ Disfunction for a couple of years after being trained by Tracey, who in a previous life was a dental nurse before training as a massage practitioner and instructor. I think it's a great subject to look at with you over the next week and hope you enjoy reading all about it!

TMJ Disfunction can cause all manner of problems; tooth ache, headaches, neck pain and shoulder discomfort. I feel that a lot of people could benefit from treatment around the jaw joint to help with numerous pain patterns around the head, neck and shoulders.

I'm really looking forward to concentrating dedicated time to one area of the body and seeing how great Body-Work can help and hopefully this will be the beginning of a series where we look at the whole body in depth. So your eyes peeled next week for these exciting blog posts!

I am off to Bonny Brighton on Thursday for the day to learn about data collection for my dissertation, (which I am writing this year), as well as getting great advice on Case Study and Reflective Practice writing. It's a little nerdy and won't effect you guys too much, but it's always good to know what I'm doing, where I'm going and which techniques and tips I'm picking up for your next treatment.

Also, don't forget to get in touch to make the most of Cornerstone Therapies' July offer: 10% off all treatments! Places are booking up fast before the summer exodus in August, so if you want to make the most of it, do email me to sort out your bookings.

Restart! : Day 2 of the first week of my 'Restart' (see yesterday's blog) and I have to say that I am feeling good. I got 3 great meals down me yesterday instead of snaking on junk and I drank 1.5lts of water.
Today I enjoyed a hot chocolate in Nero and I felt that I should have had a mint tea instead. I'm just about to do half an hour of Pilates at home before I so the supper. I should have walked into town instead of driven, but I'll do that soon … I promise!

What I'm loving in the Treatment Room today:

My marble stones are cool and my steam towels are refreshing. Both have helped people relax after they have arrived hot and sticky from the drive here.

Music in the Treatment Room today:

Due to a power cut I didn't have much, but when it was on I was listening to Classic Calm; awesome music to chill out to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop Dermalogica