Wednesday 4 May 2011

Bonny Brighton

Well, it's been a bit of a week to be honest. Not only did I get myself bumped by another car last Tuesday, (the bruises on my legs are amazing!), but I also started the last part of my Advanced Clinical Sports Massage Diploma at the Jing School of Advanced Massage down in Brighton.

For the past 3 years I have been studying at Jing and have already graduated with my 260 hour Diploma in Musculo-Skeletal Anatomy and my Advanced Clinical Massage Diploma. The next 18 months will see my put the icing on the cake with a B-Tech Level 6 (degree level) in Advanced Clinical Sports Massage.

It has been a roller-coaster of time and I always find it inspirational to be surrounded by other like-minded and extremely talented therapists. We come from many different backgrounds but get to class with a thirst to learn more and to go one step further than ever before. It's a bit funky, but very enjoyable!

This week we where looking at starting our research project/dissertation as well as the cellular makeup of the muscles. This led many of us to really start thinking about what we want to look into this year for our own personal research and how it can relate back to what we do everyday at work: Help you guys out with your pain patterns! After all, this work has to be relevant to you. It would be a complete waste of time if it didn't further my knowledge of the work that I do.

I am still defining my research project, but it will centre around the effect that Clinical Massage and Stretching has on the performance of either dancers or rock climbers …..... Any ideas or input would be gratefully received! 

As David and I are moving house, and thus Cornerstone Therapies on June 1st it's going to be a little tight to get my first assignment in on time which is a case study on a Groin Strain, but hopefully I can get the background reading done next week and start writing it up during the middle of May.

This Friday I am off up to Harley Street for a study day with Leon Chaitow at the New Medicine Group. He is talking about “Pelvic, Thoracic (& Breathing) Dysfunction: Evidence Based Rehabilitation approaches”. I hope that it will really help all of you who see me with issues concerning restrictions in breathing as well as opening some doors in my thinking to other pathologies.

So, as a new season starts with the onset of summer, a new academic year picks up pace for me. I hope I can keep you up to date with everything and that you see a huge step forward as your treatments continue!

But for now, I think I shall pop the kettle on and get my newly acquired tome out and flick through the introduction.



What I'm loving today: The glistening morning frost as the sun burst upon a brand new day! The coffee was pretty good this morning too :) .

Music in the Treatment Room today: I have yet to start work, but the past four hours have been a compilation of Robert Plant, LifeHouse and Christian Worship CDs. I think I shall pop some classical chill out on to the pod-dock for today's treatments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop Dermalogica