Wednesday 6 April 2011

Wonder Woman!

I know, I am 2 days behind the band wagon; not a great look in this day and age, but there you go! However, I thought I would catch this brief bit of spare time and tell you about 'Wonder Woman' aka Jane Wurwand; the brains and passionate visionary behind Dermalogica.

David and I are lovers of coffee and the papers on a Sunday and as Nero's sells The Times, that is what we pour over. So this week, as I sat in a pool of sunlight and tried to avoid a rise in adrenalin over the screaming kids-camp that had set up downstairs, I found myself beaming from eat to ear as I saw a double page spread in The Sunday Times Style Magazine. Jane Wurwand, the girl who swept up hair in an Eastbourne hairdressers and then turned herself into a millionaire after creating Dermalogica was staring back at me.

Dermalogica has only ever paid for one advert and that was a couple of years back when Boots was trying to sell the products. The advert simply stated that in the UK there are 3000 licensed stockists and Boots isn't one of them. Dermalogica has succeeded because it works; it gives you simple good skin health with out promising miracles that it can't give. It doesn't need to advertise when there are so many people who have been helped through it and have then told their friends and family how great the system is. This is why it is so rare to see Dermalogica in any press and it means that Jane Wurwand and Dermalogica actually have a lot to say to warrant a this kind of 'unpaid for' article.

In Jane's own words: “I'd rather under claim and over deliver. Keep it factual – no miracles, no magic potions”. And that is why after 11 years I would still back the products over anything else. They simply works.

To see some great videos of Jane Wurwand explaining skin health then click on to: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=58E70BE831545B09

Next week I am going to the launch of Dermalogica's new Ultra Calming System, so keep and eye out for a full review of that next Monday evening.

What I'm loving in the Treatment Room today: Multivitamin Theramfoliant!


A wonderful skin exfoliant from the AGE Smart series for use at home. It combine both forms of skin conditioning; physical and chemical to help redefine your skin texture, improve hydrations and combat the signs of ageing through it's active ingredients. Simply massage in to damp skin for 1 -2 minutes and rinse off. Follow with your prescribed masque twice to three times a week.

Music in the Treatment Room today: None today; the bird song outside is too lovely to mask. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop Dermalogica